How do I activate two-factor authentication?
Setup and use is very simple:
- Log in to your user account via the desktop version
- Call up the Settings > Two-Factor Authentication menu.
- Click on the button "Enable two-factor authentication"
- Download and install an authentication app on your smartphone or tablet PC
- Scan the QR code with the authentication app or manually enter the secret key into the app
- Two-factor authentication is now enabled
- The next time you log in to the desktop version, the 6-digit TOTP code is always required.
Which authentication app do I need?
The choice of the appropriate Authenticator app is up to you. In the Appstores you will find several vendors for your operating system iOS or Android that are suitable for this. We recommend the following authentication apps:
- FreeOTP Authenticator
- LastPass Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
- Google Authenticator
How does two-factor authentication work with the authentication app?
To access your account, you must first log in with your username and password (first factor). In the second step, enter the 6-digit code generated by the Authenticator app for your user account (second factor) into the additional authentication field displayed after entering your access data. The authentication code is only valid for 30 seconds.
Can I delete the authentication app after I have connected you to my account?
The authentication app you have connected to your user account is always required after enabling two-factor authentication! If you delete the app or lose your smartphone, you also lose access to your user account.
How do I get my eclipso account back if I have deleted the Authenticator app or lost my smartphone?
For identification we need the following data and documents:
- Your account name (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Your secret key that you received when you set up two-factor authentication.
- A copy/photo of your identity card (front and back)
- A contact email address. If you still have access to your account via app or e-mail client (Outlook, Thunderbird or similar), you will receive a message after verification.
Please send your request to: support @ eclipso.net.